The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Off touring a bit of Wales today. Riding to Crickhowell on the GT 550 with camping gear and basing myself there. I usually do five days out to the coast on a push bike so my range is massively increased. Any suggestions for day rides out and back? Thinking St Davids, somewhere else on the coast? Thanks.

Attachments

• 871D1F5A-9137-47B0-9745-18096D6D9650.jpeg
    871D1F5A-9137-47B0-9745-18096D6D9650.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 689
Careful with traffic, people leaving Greenman festival today so it will be busy, albeit going AWAY from Crickhowell (you should be fine).

St David's & the surrounding coast is lovely.

Yes thanks. Was there at the same time last year. Very chilled.

FB suggested elan valley so will combine with Llandrindod wells bicycle museum.

Top box, karrimor small front panniers as throw overs, tank bag and tent and roll mat for pillion!

I went south to narberth from pentre ifan lovely roads. Also to new quay which was disappointingly touristificated. Aberaeron was much calmer.

Sadly had to come home early as my old lab bought the farm. Loved that dog. Made it to 15. Went down on his walk. So all good.

Re:

Anither week ir so and New Quay would've been a lot quieter. Aberaeron is only calmer cos there's no beach. I grew up there and New Quay has about three months of the year for businesses to make about 90% of their annual turnover. Hope you took the back road out of Aberaeron towards New Quay. Rhiwgoch was the nemesis hill of my childhood. Short but steep. Strava reckons 30% at its steepest so its no wonder my old gas pipe, 5 speed, full mudguards and rear rack bike of my youth didn't like it.

Back