Plant hire

spitball

Retro Guru
Anyone know anything about it?
I'm thinking f buying a digger and hiring it out, I already have a dumper and there's nothing around here that does this sort of thing. I know the hirer is responsible for the kit when on hire, so do I just need public liability insurance?
Thanks in advance

Re:

Theres a good chance you will get scammed and never see it again. Never ceases to amaze me the lengths builders go to in London to make it harder for people to steal their hired plant.

You'll need tracking equipment with at least a 24 hour independent back supply as your equipment is loaded into the back of a transit van never to be seen again.

Re:

You'll also be reaponsible for servicing and repair... should an accident happen resulting injury or worse, you'll need to demonstrate to the hse that it wasnt as a result of your negligence

Also, you'll probably have to ensure some sort of competency checks are carried out for the user... giving a chainsaw to a 12year old sort of thing

Re:

Servicing is your responsibility, repairs/damage caused by those hiring is there's...hydrolic hoses ect, you don't have to carry out any checks for competence of the user that's there responsibility, you can charge for delivery but whoever collects/delivers must be able to check for any damage caused while on hire (so your covered for repair costs) don't expect to make a fortune out of it ;) but best of luck if you decide to have a go :)

Mick

Re:

Servicing is your responsibility, repairs/damage caused by those hiring is there's...hydrolic hoses ect, you don't have to carry out any checks for competence of the user that's there responsibility, you can charge for delivery but whoever collects/delivers must be able to check for any damage caused while on hire (so your covered for repair costs) don't expect to make a fortune out of it ;) but best of luck if you decide to have a go :)

Mick

Back