Love the police

To be honest the Police (who are people just like you and I), probably feel the same that the criminal should not have been there doing what he was doing and given the gentlemans older years he used reasonable force in the circumstances to protect himself and others from the risk of immenent danger. However the Police have a duty to investigate to ensure this is the case and allow our judicial process to make the correct decision.

Police do not like criminals hence they do what they do but the law is the law and the Police nore the CPS have the ultimate say.

Re:

the cps and plod must need their heads checking for this. I'd cleared hime 2 mins

On this occasion it sounds as though the person may well have been on his land and up to no good, but what happens if he shoots someone that has come to the house to ask for assistance or to use the telephone because they are lost, or some other entirely innocent reason?

Re: Re:

xerxes":3jitcscc said:
but what happens if he shoots someone that has come to the house to ask for assistance or to use the telephone because they are lost, or some other entirely innocent reason?

"It revved up loudly and drove towards me. It petrified me. I did not see any people. I heard nothing at all."

Would someone lost behave like that?

And all these points are exactly why the case is heard by a jury made up of a cross section of society to make what should be the correct decision.

at 2 in the morning!! Look at the history of the two 'innocents' right angels When i went shooting on a farmers field i asked first. Good manners for a start plus stop this sort of incident. if true. which i don't believe.

It's obvious they were lying and that the gent has the right under common law to protect himself, it is also right that a jury make the decision. We are talking about people's lives and liberty and making the correct decision in order to protect society.
Yes it seems that the decision could be made correctly without the need for a court case but court cases should ensure people are not wrongly convicted or not brought to justice at all. Fairest and best way to deal with it.

That's my take on it with inside knowledge, nothing wrong with a good debate in a fair and democratic place though ;)

Back