Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Is what I feel right now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-39105085

Why? Because of how I feel about a pilot who was essentially - a phrase I've learnt from here - willy waving. Now confirmed in the report to be pilot error. A pilot, who has history in taking unauthorised risks at airshows.

I hope the Police come down hard on him.

Thoughts, as always, are with the eleven families who now have an empty chair, where a loved one would have been sat.

Mike

Re:

One of the things I find very disturbing about this is that the air show organisers had no idea as to what the display was actually going to contain..... Because of past crashes there are strict rules about not displaying over the crowd line etc surely the most basic requirement is to know exactly what is a pilot intends to carry out during a display
It would seem a catalogue of errors ultimately costing the lives of so many innocent people :(

Re:

Added to a pilot who had been reprimanded for flying too low over Lancing college one year, and had his display at Southport airshow stopped, as he was flying too low over the crowd.
Dent in helmet this time, and he ' can't remember what happened ' That may be so, but his history really doesn't help.

As I said in my op, I hope he is dealt with appropriately, given this history.

Mike

Re:

Absolutely Mike, so sad that this is the outcome of not having seemingly stringent enough checks of display pilots, especially in this case as it would seem that his flying had been called into question before :\

Back