President Trump!

Re: US Election Trump Or Clinton?

I wonder if you could make a good one out of the the two and have a Clump :p

Both are appalling candidates. I feel Trump would be dangerous for America, Clinton would be dangerous for the world. Clinton will win, there is little doubt.

I think the best possible outcome would be a close enough result to force both major parties to shift toward each other to try and capture the middle; Dems soften on hawkish foreign policy, GOP move toward centre on social issues.

The polarisation that saddled the USA (hence the world) with such poor candidates is concerning.

Evan McMullin as a write in. No fan of Hillary but would have to vote for her.
Given the chice between America's first Woman President or first Orange President the choice is easy!

Re:

It would be interesting to see Trump win, as it would only take about a fortnight before his own party would be looking for a way to get him out.

Who ever gets in will be a one term president. The question is who will do the least damage and who will leave the richest. I like the FBI's ability to speed read 650,000 emails in 8 days as I wished I had those skills when I was at school.

I wonder however if the biggest vote will be a no vote? Out of a nation of 320 million plus, surely these cannot be the best two candidates?

Re:

The probable outcome is obvious right? Only.. not so..

Back when the barely literate bumbling imbecile Bush ran for a second term against Kerry, decorated war veteran, experienced politician and all round decent, intelligent guy, i stayed awake to follow the election unfolding live, just to see Bush lose big time in the inevitable landslide, i mean, they weren't going to re-elect that clown right? Yet they did and we got four more years of lousy leadership and ludicrous blooper reels.

It was a fascinating lesson to learn how politically divided the USA was (is), essentially broadminded democratic East and West coasts and a vast expanse of pick-up driving, gun toating inward looking republicans in between. I was simply staggered that Bush won that second term. As an expat i knew a number of worldly expat Americans, not one of whom had a good word to say about Bush.

Should Trump be president? Obviously no way shape or form. Might it happen? Believe it or not it's not impossible. So buckle up and hope we don't end up with President Pussy Grabber.

Back