Retrobike photos on Facebook

firedfromthecircus

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
I see Retrobike has a Facebook page and posts photos on it which have appeared on this forum. Does John (or whoever is putting these photos on Facebook) ask the permission of the poster?

I wouldn't have any problems to be honest as long as i hadn't taken the photo next to the numer plate of my car then all would be fine

Re:

John is away attending a family wedding in australia. I am sure he will answer you question when he gets back. Have you sent him a pm?

Re: Re:

REKIBorter":2betiu3o said:
John is away attending a family wedding in australia. I am sure he will answer you question when he gets back. Have you sent him a pm?

No, as I am not sure who runs the Facebook page. It might not be John.
Things have been posted recently so someone else may have access.

Re:

There is oan official contact form number and address.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/contact/

Memory serves me right, when you sign up you give permission for Retrobike ltd to use the photos as they wish or such like.

It doesn't mean that's how it is done or John will not ask or not ask.

Myself as a member here who posts pictures, why do you ask?

I just liked the Retrobike page today, man some really great bikes on there. Being from the states there are so many models from over you guys way that I have never seen or heard of.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2lfbxt3x said:
Memory serves me right, when you sign up you give permission for Retrobike ltd to use the photos as they wish or such like.

I was wondering if that was the case.

FluffyChicken":2lfbxt3x said:
Myself as a member here who posts pictures, why do you ask?

I was just wondering really. Personally if I want my pictures on Facebook I'll post them on Facebook. If I want them on Retrobike I'll post them on Retrobike. If I post my pictures on Retrobike it doesn't mean I want them on Facebook (or anywhere else).

So I'd just like to know this sites policy. Does the site claim full usage rights for anything posted here, or do they ask permission before cross posting?

pictures on any forum etc will eneviatbly end up on google and other places anyway, its just the nature of the internet. ive no concerns about owt ive posted etc and pics can be used by anyone if they please. this is one of the reasons i deleted my facebook acounts for though as my private life wasnt private, although pics of my bikes and car are there for everyone to enjoy :)

I'm still interested to find out Retrobike policy regarding this.

The sign up conditions do not suggest usage rights outside of the forum itself.

Attachments

• retrobike2.jpg
    retrobike2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 625
Back