Tool theft

toomanyframes

Retrobike Rider
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
I'm sitting here writing this as I wait for the Thames valley soco to visit as my car was broken into over the weekend and some thieving scrote helped themselves to the contents of my boot :evil: which included:

Hitachi 1st fix nailgun
Bosch circular saw (bought Thursday,unused)
DeWalt 18v grinder w/5ah battery

And most annoying of all:

1 pair of avid v-brakes karma'd to me by raiden73.

I usually empty the car on Friday evening but Mrs frames' sister was visiting so I couldn't get on the drive, stupid of me I know. Suffice to say I'll be hitting the cash converters in and around here and will be boot fairing over the weekend.
What a way to to start my final week of my 30's :facepalm:

Re:

Bugger and arse.

Local job as who would have known you had tools in the boot? Lucky dip or neighbours watching.?

Re:

I'd like to think it was an opportunist as (not wanting to sound too up myself ) it's pretty quite round here and most of the neighbours are pretty descent and self-respecting. Plus I live down a dead end and back the car up to the garage to load/unload so I'd see if anyone was stopping for a nose.
The annoying thing for me (apart from knowing some lowlife pikey scrotebag has invited himself in to my property)is the cost to replace what was taken as they're not insured in the car :facepalm:

Re:

What's the betting burglary will be on the increase now the Police hardly bother with it. Combine this with a lenient judiciary and crime will really start to pay.

Re:

Thieving shithead! I have a set of Avid 2.0 v-brakes you can have for the postage if it helps.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re:

I have to agree. When I lived in Salford back in the day I did mobile mechanicing for air cooled VWs, and had my entire kit in the back of our bay window. Made the mistake of working on a Beetle by the next tower block once, and the next morning found a skylight had been breached and all the gear was gone. Two months later caught a neighbour using my strobe and got half the tools back, but lesson learnt.

Back