Retro: The Next Generation

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've had a phrase I've used for years to describe a brief time when stuff worked and was lovely before being arsed up by suits and " creatives " with £££s in their eyes. The phrase was the " Thumbshifter Moment " when things got just right before someone in sales said " Hey, lets make it like a trigger! It'll be way more complex and heavy but it'll be way cool!! "

Non bikers looked blankly at me as I used the phrase for years until someone smarter than me explained it better;

It's the moment of refinement using engineering-led solutions before opportunities are spotted and they become marketing-led solutions.

So it warmed the cockles of my heart when I found this yesterday.
Cheer up Retrobike; you've a great future ahead.

Re:

Well, I managed to watch half that before nausea started . Conclusion?
I'm going single speed off road and getting a track bike for commuting. Was paying more attention to the lovely weather in the end, thinking, I must make the most of summer this year!

Mike

Re:

I think it's the reason I prefer my Nokia 6310i to my " smart " phone. Come to think of it, I just started using an ancient Nikon 'cos my " millions of different settings " Canon DSLR was starting to give me the irrits...and crappy pictures.

Re:

On a good note, I do like the modern idea of a 1X10 set up. THAT WORKS does that idea; especially the " thick/thin " chainring that holds the chain without the need for a guide or retention device. I think I'm defending the possibility that I'm not retro for retro's sake.

Back