Genuine Oakley?

scottmac

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got a pair of Oakley A-Wire sunglasses and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they are genuine?

There doesn't seem to be any distinguishing marks, apart from the Oakley logo stamped into the bridge.

I visited the local Oakley dealers, but they weren't much help (I think they couldn't be arsed) so if anyone can help it would be mucho appreciated! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 581
Re: Re:

captaincosmic":yuhvfpd0 said:
Will you enjoy them less if they are fake then ?
Often, fake stuff doesn't have proper UV protection, so whilst you might look cool, once you go blind you can't look in the mirror to see the cool.

EggyBum6969":209cuocp said:
id say there fake no arm print
im sure i had awires an the arms didnt look like that

There are a few different types of A-wires, these ones being the first generation with the thick frame option. I had the same ones purchased new around 1998 irrc and fake Oakleys were unheard of back then.

Fudd":2tqx14it said:
EggyBum6969":2tqx14it said:
id say there fake no arm print
im sure i had awires an the arms didnt look like that

There are a few different types of A-wires, these ones being the first generation with the thick frame option. I had the same ones purchased new around 1998 irrc and fake Oakleys were unheard of back then.
Interesting...

Can you remember if they had any print on the inner arms? Thanks for the info BTW ;)

I can't remember if there was any printing in the inner arms unfortunately. I owned mine for a couple of years and then sold them when the Juliets were released. I do remember that this version only lasted for a few years before the mk2's came out (01/02ish?) with a straighter arm shape and more conventional earsock and it was probably 05/06 before the fakers caught on to the brand and started making decent looking copies of the current (at the time) range. I suspect yours are legit but without better pics or the glasses in my hand I can't say for sure.

Back