Food For Thought Regarding Schumacher's Accident

Re:

Yeah, I picked up on that back when the accident happened...

I can see in certain circumstances the integrity of the helmet will be compromised if the helmet cam concentrates the load into a certain point on the helmet...

Another risk is the desire to do something stupid or foolhardy so you can watch it back later...

I really won't be using one, I'm a big enough liability as it is!

Re:

think it was on the bbc web site ;this week footage of a skier going into a cravace
he did get out alive but it was stunning to see, food for thought just how risky
it is out on the slopes.

highlandsflyer":2saa7y3a said:
"The problem for Michael was not the hit, but the mounting of the Go-Pro camera that he had on his helmet that injured his brain," said Moncet.

(http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... in-4490577)

Where does that end though :? the keys in you pocket punctures an artery, the mobile in your back pocket shatters and slices into your spine :?
And then theres the luck of how you land,whether you bounce, availability of rocks for that area on a particular day :LOL:

And what are you doing reading the Mirror :shock:

Re:

Given he's been driving a car with wings to keep it on the ground. One of which just went if and gas somebody critically I'll in hospital. A go pro was hardly at the higher end if the risk. Though it's the same with head mounted lights, be it cycling, walking, running, in a cave. The helmets (most) are not designed for it.
Them F1 cars where designed for a crash thouh, just not that type if crash.

It's risk and with the camera only your own. Given you're riding a bike with sharp teeth, big rotating slicing tools, pointy bits that stick out all over the place...

I'll not wear one though, you look a nob with them on.

Re:

It is indeed speculation, and as such food for thought. Certainly hit the value of GoPro. At some point we may get more facts, but I would never put anything on a crash helmet.

Latest posts

Back