Outdoor paint - indoors

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
is there any reason i can't use paint for outdoor environments on indoor surfaces?
bathroom is the point of interest here.
sick of flaking paint and mould, so thought 'all weather paint' would do the trick.....

is this a bad idea? are there toxic reasons i shouldn't do this?

might be more about what its designed to stick to ect. or maby its that indoor stuffs more water baised due to fumes ect. bet theres somthing on the net

If your painting over tiles you might have a problem? I've used tile primer to paint over a mingin shower area then used gloss to cover it, worked for a bit, but I'm a master bodger :LOL: liking the masonry paint idea though in theory that should be cushty.

twain":2zoil8uj said:
is there any reason i can't use paint for outdoor environments on indoor surfaces?
bathroom is the point of interest here.
sick of flaking paint and mould, so thought 'all weather paint' would do the trick.....

is this a bad idea? are there toxic reasons i shouldn't do this?

I can remember, a few years back, buying paint supposedly suitable for kitchens and bathrooms (this would be from places like B&Q and the like) - they did seem to be a distinct subset of paints. It was claimed it was more suited to rooms that experienced more moisture. I often used it in rooms where I'd had the odd damp problem, previously.

Just done it myself with water based outdoor paint in a wet room. The issue is that they are typically formulated
with anti fungicides and less hardeners. The finish wasn't as good as (expensive) high quality high gloss oil
based but there was no odor, very quick drying, and easy to clean-up. In short the difference basically means don't suck
the paint and bash it about - so not really suitable where there's kids or high traffic areas.

Back