Christmas tree question

Salsprocket

Retro Guru
Just for once, we are being quite organised and putting up our decorations before Christmas Eve.
So, the tree - tinsel or baubles on first? :xmas-wink:

Salsprocket":4d7y7v7q said:
Just for once, we are being quite organised and putting up our decorations before Christmas Eve.

Lights on first, then I'd go with tinsel, then baubles, then chocolate offerings, but live on the edge and mix it up a bit if you're feeling like a rebel.

Oh. :? So I wasn't supposed to eat the chocolate and then just put the wrappers on the tree?
Thought it looked odd. :D

TedC":1b7u5zcl said:
Salsprocket":1b7u5zcl said:

Lights on first, then I'd go with tinsel, then baubles, then chocolate offerings, but live on the edge and mix it up a bit if you're feeling like a rebel.

I'm with Ted here - it's been Mum's tried & tested method for over 40 years! In my folks' house the additional rule is that scoffing of tree chocs is forbidden until the day the decorations get taken down. :(

David

Salsprocket":5bgff6ge said:
Oh. :? So I wasn't supposed to eat the chocolate and then just put the wrappers on the tree?

Tried that when I was a kid (in a similar vein to the old After Eight box/empty envelopes thing). Didn't work, fooled no-one!

David

TedC":3bdv344v said:
Salsprocket":3bdv344v said:

Yep lights first :)

TedC":12hmnuma said:
, but live on the edge and mix it up a bit if you're feeling like a rebel.

OK, we have lights & baubles, ate the chocolate then got bored and left the tinsel in the bag.
Looks alright though :xmas-cool:

Our ancient cat (Sprocket) is now looking at the tree and trying to decide whether she can be bothered to knock seven bells out of the baubles with an arthritic paw. :?

After the lights, turn on and squint to check for gaps. Then tinsel, then large baubles, no two of the same colour next to each other. Then small baubles. Same rule applies. Then extras such as one offs made by the kids and chocolates. Then lametta. Thrown from a height of 8 feet. Then the dogs attack it.

Don't forget to wrap tinsel around base/trunk.

Not given it much thought really

Cor blimey - I have the attention span of a gnat there's no way I'll sort out big/large baubles and then colour sequences. :D
Our aforementioned Arthritic Cat can't reach anything above 6 inches so I always put unbreakable stuff on the bottom of the tree.

What's lametta? (sorry - am I bring thick?)

Back