photo editing software ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
looking for recommendations for photo editing software, i've been using the same software for the last 8 years, so whats the best at a reasonable price ?
thanks in advance, jeff.

at the moment i still use arcsoft photo impression 4.
i am really comfortable using this,
but i'm thinking in 8 years things must have vastly improved with photo software.

I use an ancient version of Photoshop as I only tweak. I've started using serif plus as it's on the other machines I use. Pretty straightforward.

Mac or PC ?

Adobe Lightroom is good and easy to use, not too pricey either and Apples' Aperture is good too, not sure if you can get that as PC though.

it would be for a pc. although i think i will be investing in a new computer so a mac might not be out of the question.
the main reason i need the software is i may be setting up a business which i would need up to date software.
thanks for the suggestions so far, keep them coming.

If you know a student you can get Adobe Photoshop Student Edition at a knock down price.

I use mac and convert from RAW to Tiff in Lightroom and then use Photoshop for the clone stamp, levels and crop. Then batch from tiff to JPEG in Lightroom.

The processing from one type of file to the other is easy as a batch export in Lightroom and I've been using Photoshop since the late 90's so I've stuck with it .

I won't be upgrading Photoshop again, so I'll have to learn that in Lightroom or Aperture.

Latest posts

Back