BT sport rant/ moan/ general grump

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
£1 Billion spent on a few games of football...

I am disgusted - there are areas with little or no decent broadband. BT have signed deals with local councils to upgrade yet BT are saying they are up to two years behind schedule.

Then theres line rental, up from around £8 to £15- £16+ - compulsory if your provider has to deal with Open Reach.

Wtf is going on here?

LGF

They are using your money to fund a fundamental shift in their business model.

They are in a declining market and want to make the switch to being a multimedia brand.

For what's it's worth - there shareprice is down this morning... not as much as SKY's though...

As ever, t'will be the consumer that loses out...

legrandefromage":ulnvbntb said:
£1 Billion spent on a few games of football...

A few games of football, yes, but such games of football! Sky eat your heart out because, now, right now, this very minute, absolutely live - it's.....
SHORTWOOD UNITED.
Woo and, indeed, yay. :roll:

BT in general are complete numpties

We left them in May (bt phone, broadband & vision) .. Have a letter from them saying we are leaving them on May 20th and switched over to sky after getting a MAC code from BT.

Since then we we get billed every month they refuse to accept that we have left them and now the cheeky bastards are moving us onto bt debt collectors!! :facepalm:

daj":1i96xfwk said:
BT in general are complete numpties

We left them in May (bt phone, broadband & vision) .. Have a letter from them saying we are leaving them on May 20th and switched over to sky after getting a MAC code from BT.

Since then we we get billed every month they refuse to accept that we have left them and now the cheeky bastards are moving us onto bt debt collectors!! :facepalm:

OFCOM is your friend.

When I had to move my business line from BT to another (company instructed) provider, I could not get a MAC code from BT. In fact I swear the phone number they give out is not even connected to a phone. I lodged a complaint with OFCOM and had my MAC code in 48 hours.

LGF: What is this foot ball you speak of?

Who are they much worse than?

Since broadband arrived they are all much of a muchness to be honest.

Most run on the same backbone, so everything else is just candy floss.

highlandsflyer":11vn8ccz said:
Who are they much worse than?

Since broadband arrived they are all much of a muchness to be honest.

Most run on the same backbone, so everything else is just candy floss.

Now this is another joke!! This is what we thought so switching from BT to SKy broadband would just be a case of well switching ....NOPE. .... In a nutshell Sky rent the lines from BT but use all their old crap and we have gone from evening and weekend service of 7 to a fantastic average of 0.7 !!! :twisted: and sky have said it won't improve as their is a big demand of sky customers in the area!! :roll: (bearing in mind we live in countryside)

And the cheeky ness of it all if they can provide 0.5 it's classed as a service!! :facepalm: and they are quite clever to officially complain they ask you to run tests during quiet periods so the readings are higher and of course that's the readings they use.

It's that poo now with only one device being used you cannot stream anything on YouTube!!

Latest posts

Back