What names do you have for sections of your rides?

snowdonstumpy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
We have some superb ones here, which have developed over time, they mean something to a select few.

We frequently thrash through 'Secret singletrack', 'Hairdressers valley', 'Hedgehog hill - (aka - The Widowmaker), 'Ollies Garden', 'White Fridge', and my all time favourite..... 'The 3 stages of enlightenment'.

This got me wondering what other nuggets must be out there.
Please share with the group... and I may reveal their locations...

snowdonstumpy":2ycop6qw said:
We have some superb ones here, which have developed over time, they mean something to a select few.

We frequently thrash through 'Secret singletrack', 'Hairdressers valley', 'Hedgehog hill - (aka - The Widowmaker), 'Ollies Garden', 'White Fridge', and my all time favourite..... 'The 3 stages of enlightenment'.

This got me wondering what other nuggets must be out there.
Please share with the group... and I may reveal their locations...

Widowmaker :cool:

We have a few,

Dead Dog road
Shatterknee hill
Bug on a windscreen curve
Sewer sweep
Hornets Nest
Deaths descent
Stan Boardman alpine

:p

Sweet bit of single track with nice turns and a few rolling hills is "The Roller Coaster"

A particularly tough climb with a nasty bit at the end is "The Hillary Step"

Lastly the middle section of my daily ride has several sections that are steeper than the rest which is "The Three Muses" on days when you feel good and "The Four Horsemen" when you are struggling.

Baby Maker
Deer Stalker
Tank Traps

Quite widely known in Swinley Forest

An older one from BITD was Barney's Death Trap which referred to a particular jump on a trail where urban legend said a young guy called Barney Jumped his motorbike and hit his head on the overhanging tree branch breaking his neck.
My regular Monday night training ride usually involved a ride to this as the furthest point before returning home.

Carl.

My loop takes in:

The Bidet
Seasonal Treat
The Bell End
The Jewel in the Crown
The Bushy Virgin
Golf course
Floating Crust
Teenage Kicks
Backflush

drcarlos":2tal84zx said:
An older one from BITD was Barney's Death Trap which referred to a particular jump on a trail where urban legend said a young guy called Barney Jumped his motorbike and hit his head on the overhanging tree branch breaking his neck.

We have one of those..... 'breton's leap'.. :!:

Tad":131gcved said:
My loop takes in:

The Bidet
Seasonal Treat
The Bell End
The Jewel in the Crown
The Bushy Virgin
Golf course
Floating Crust
Teenage Kicks
Backflush

We're talking bike trails Tad, not your local pub crawl ;)

Back