legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Code:
Missus turns left completely ignoring the cyclist on our left. I hear him yelling and just cover my face in shame. Missed him but that's not the :facepalm: point!

Would be sadly ironic wouldnt it, if one of us were to take a rider off their bike, question is, would we utter those sadly famous words "im sorry 'mate' i didnt see you" ?

Grounds for divorce. Ironically, my missus is blind in one eye and never pulls that stunt on the road, yet people with 2 fully functioning orbs do it all the time.

The other day I was 'creeping' around a corner as there was a truck parked badly. A cyclist came hammering along on my passenger side and shouted abuse at me, something to the effect that I was stationary and should have seen him. He barely had to dab his brakes, and I was already into my manoeuvre. I suppose he would have preferred I hammer on round the bend without looking and possibly run someone over.

All road users should exercise caution at all times. The number of times cyclists have crept up on my left lately where it was not appropriate or hammered up at full speed when I was already indicating and turning, it is surprising I haven't had any contact.

Another reason I am completely against the idea of automatic blame on drivers who are involved in accidents with bicycles.

highlandsflyer":2wzmhlfd said:
The other day I was 'creeping' around a corner as there was a truck parked badly. A cyclist came hammering along on my passenger side and shouted abuse at me, something to the effect that I was stationary and should have seen him. He barely had to dab his brakes, and I was already into my manoeuvre. I suppose he would have preferred I hammer on round the bend without looking and possibly run someone over.

All road users should exercise caution at all times. The number of times cyclists have crept up on my left lately where it was not appropriate or hammered up at full speed when I was already indicating and turning, it is surprising I haven't had any contact.

Another reason I am completely against the idea of automatic blame on drivers who are involved in accidents with bicycles.

You and me are on the same wave length ;)

I've just driven through the city centre on my way to work to some bits and bobs. The sun being out seems to have persuaded everyone to get on their bike today. This is great but the amount of bad cycling I saw was quite shocking to say the least. Mainly people swinging into the middle of the road to pass parked cars at the last possible moment without checking what is behind them. I can generally spot this as I cycle but a lot of other drivers won't be as aware.

Back