...or we could just look where were going !!! Jeeeez

There are many many things that come higher on my list of priorities than replying to a text... instantly. In fact, I can't think of anything less important than replying to a text.

I nearly ran into a woman the other day. I spotted her as she was walking across the pavement towards the road completely engrossed in her phone. I lifted my foot off the accelerator as she happily walked straight into the path of my car, only then did she actually realise that had I been a less observant driver, she would have been half way up my bonnet. :facepalm:

NeilM":15u7p06b said:
There are many many things that come higher on my list of priorities than replying to a text... instantly. In fact, I can't think of anything less important than replying to a text.

I nearly ran into a woman the other day. I spotted her as she was walking across the pavement towards the road completely engrossed in her phone. I lifted my foot off the accelerator as she happily walked straight into the path of my car, only then did she actually realise that had I been a less observant driver, she would have been half way up my bonnet. :facepalm:

Yeah, and they look at you as if your the one in the wrong!!!

I have seen cyclists text cycling as well. Shocking.

Notice so many pedestrians text walking nowadays, especially when they see the green man to cross and immediately go back to their texting. Real problem for us 'silent' road users, and will be even more of an issue when their are increasing numbers of electric vehicles.

misteroo":31t9kmsm said:
NeilM":31t9kmsm said:

Yeah, and they look at you as if your the one in the wrong!!!
One day she'll meet a driver who's texting too...

A young girl bumped into me the other day and by christ did she curse ME! Telling me I nearly knocked her phone out of her hands!!!!!!!!

Was amazing we were moving cities a bit of a year ago, on the plane flight my GF was reading an article in th einflight magazine extolling how the people walk/texting had increased spacial awareness and peripheral vision as they could walk along looking at their smart phones and just avoid everything around them... er yeah sure we laughed.
New city we'd moved from 200K people to 2M and were living right in the CBD, now maybe its Brisbane thing, but those smartphone people had the spacial awareness of a brick they would just walking into everything...but having said that...the people who were just walking along looking where they were going, they were not much better. Dumbest pedestrians on the planet.

They're a bunch of sad little losers living sad living sad little virtual lives. I don't even switch mine on unless I want to make a call, and I then switch it off again. If anyone needs me in an emergency that can Damn well ring me at home or come and get me. Not letting my life be ruled by a little plastic box.

Back