Don't you love overseas call centres!

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
It's taken a few days and e-mails, but I've just spoken to a nice lady in India (I think), about the problem with my spare phone line.

It appears the concept of two phone lines into the same house was beyond her grasp of English, and definitely not on her parrot fashion learned script.

BT Lady: "Is the phone line working?"
Me: "No"
BT Lady: "Is the internet working?"
Me: "Yes, but it is on a different phone line"
BT Lady: "Have you performed the checks by unplugging........................ and then trying the phone"
Me: " No, because that is a different phone line. I have two phone lines in the house"
BT Lady: "If you try unplugging the...................."
Me: " That won't check the faulty line, as I will be checking a line that works"
BT Lady "But the internet is working?"
Me: " Yes, but my internet connection is on a different line. I have TWO phone lines"
BT Lady:"Mmm............ I must inform you of possible charges when engineer........"

With enough intelligence to know that she was never going to get anywhere with the idiot on the other end of the phone who insisted on speaking his ridiculous gibberish language instead of just answering Yes or No as the script in front of her showed, she might as well go straight to the last paragraph and get shot of the moron.

I am now waiting to hear when an engineer is going to check the line at the exchange.

It would, but BT have a crafty system for not letting you call them... they don't give you access to phone numbers that have people at the end of them... sneaky little blighters.

NeilM":2o2uu34u said:
It would, but BT have a crafty system for not letting you call them... they don't give you access to phone numbers that have people at the end of them... sneaky little blighters.
true try cancel with them :? as in move house but getting some other firm still get bills 6 mth later

kenaltobelli":5slt2nas said:
true try cancel with them :? as in move house but getting some other firm still get bills 6 mth later

I had the same thing when my last employer used their own internet provider. BT would not respond, did not answer the phone (I still think the number did not have a phone on it). In the end I made a complaint to offcom, as by law, they must issue the migration code within something like seven days, that soon got a response.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not digging at BT, as I use them by choice. I think all huge companies are equally as useless, I mean, just try and get hold of someone at Apple Mac :roll:

Back