What is it with men and taking directions?

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Young couple on hire bikes today, were looking lost so I stopped and told them exactly how to get where they were going. The male decided his poorly written pace notes, (no sign of a compass or proper map), demanded they double back where they had obviously gone wrong in the first place and thus add another five miles and steep ascent/descent to their journey.

I had told him, "You cannot go wrong, you are going to Drumnadrochit, and this track takes you back to the Great Glen Way directly, it is just down here to the right".

Did he listen? No, of course not.

If you are a member here listen up. You already got lost and missed the very well signed path. A local comes back to assist you, establishes your gf/partner was knackered and tired of riding, and you chose to add another hour to your journey.

Pratt!

Just sayin!

it's not men, its just stoopid people...
I used to work in a servo and people were always getting lost as we were off the main but between the airport and the city, not a big city (200K people) but there were some bad traffic situations on the stretch of highway.
Usually it would be "ye see these traffic lights... yeah the one right here... yeah see them, there like 20 meters away, right there... there! (servo was actually the corner block of the intersection)... yep those ones, go up there, no up the hill through the lights, no not down the other way, up, then take a left at the roundabout, then go through the next intersection, then take the left ramp (to town)/ right ramp (airport)..."
Blank faces... drawing a map..still no good. it is 3 intersections with 1 turn!

Had 1 customer come in and ask " Is there anywhere down that road I can make a U-turn?"
"yeah sure, about 200m down, it widens for the beach car park, you can turn there, why where do you need to go?"
"Oh we need to back up (the UP road) that road."
"Er... yeah OK, but... how about you just turn right when you leave here?"
"Oh no the GPS says we have to make a U-turn, so we'll go down there"...

Grrrrrrr

Back