Lost Dogs!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
So we were in the woods with the hounds earlier, and got surprised by some lads on motorbikes. My bigger dog has a thing for chasing them, and off he went. I was having a slash, and by the time I knew what was happening he was miles away.

It turned dark, and we ended up driving around the wood looking for him. He usually responds to two beeps of the horn, one short one long, spaced by around a minute.

After an hour we went home to get more torches/batteries, food and whistles. This might have been a long night!

When we returned I pulled in to the track where I normally park and there he was! Trotted up to the wagon, I opened the door and he barely had the strength to clamber up.

He has cuts all over his paws and has been asleep since we got home.

This wood is off the A9. and though I said nothing to anyone going back up there, I had the fogs on and was scanning the road and verges towards the location half expecting to see him in a hell of a worse state than we found him.

The moral is that I will never park next to the main road again, because these dogs know exactly where they get out of the wagon and that is exactly where they end up looking for you when you are lost!

He is getting a lot of cuddles tonight!

:)

I really don't know what I would do either, this guy has had thousands invested in keeping him on the road, and I would have felt this was all my fault if anything had happened!

I'm glad that it all ended well :)

We lost our Beagle back in the Summer - We had taken him for one of his long weekend walks around Cosmeston Country Park, which is only a couple of miles from where we live. We'd walked all the way there and we were about halfway around his walk when he decided to follow a scent into the bushes, and he disappeared!

We waited for a good while, but there was no sign of him so we walked back to the visitor centre to let them know what had happened. They took our details and said that they would let us know if he was handed in.

So anyway, I had just got out of the visitor centre and I was on the phone reporting that he had been lost, when my girlfriend got a call from our neighbour to say that he had just turned up on our doorstep and she'd taken him in! Because he couldn't find us, he'd obviously found his way out of the park and he ran all the way home (back along the path that we walked in on) to wait for us!

Really glad he was there waiting.
Its a real sickening feeling when you cant find them right away.
All the best
Jamie

Back