What's 'shock' and how is it dealt with?

Retro Cat

Senior Retro Guru
Afternoon All

Was involved in a road traffic accident last night thus missing out on my dream job interview today - is this why I'm feeling very low or is it 'shock'

What is shock anyway? And can it be dealt with?

I need cheering up :roll:

Medical shock is a lack of blood getting to your head, due to blood pressure, I believe. It's dealt with by lying down and putting your feet up. However, sounds like you've had a bit of a knock, if not physically injured, a bit mentally, and that would get you down. Hope you can reschedule your interview. Do something you like doing, but steer clear of the evil drink ;)

Retro Cat":sbc1y1jq said:
Afternoon All

Was involved in a road traffic accident last night thus missing out on my dream job interview today - is this why I'm feeling very low or is it 'shock'

What is shock anyway? And can it be dealt with?

I need cheering up :roll:

Feeling down after that incident sounds more like some sort of after-effect of adrenalin kicking in, a sort of mild PTSD if you will. Were you actually injured in said accident?

"Shock" as I was taught it on a First Aid course is the body's immediate reaction to injury/trauma and often stems from major blood loss. Symptoms include shallow breathing, nausea, elevated pulse, reduction in body temperature. Essentially the body tries to go into "standby mode" to conserve its resources.

David

Just a slight bang to the back of my head - but I'll stay off the booze for a while. Talked about over with a few people and felt better at the time but I feel a bit discombobulated at the mo..

Retro Cat":11n0iwso said:
Just a slight bang to the back of my head - but I'll stay off the booze for a while. Talked about over with a few people and felt better at the time but I feel a bit discombobulated at the mo..

Delayed concussion maybe? Might be worth a trip to your doc or to A&E.

David

Back