Will World War 3 ever happen?

Retro Cat

Senior Retro Guru
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” Albert Einstein

So will it ever happen? If it does I reckon it'll start in the Middle East. Some reckon the Cold War was World War 3...

I reckon if anything does kick off big time it will be further east than the Middle East.

After all we currently have 2 nuclear armed nations posturing and killing each others troops. And one of them is in internal turmoil with insurrection and a high court putting out a warrant for the PM's address.

Well it nearly happened in 1962 with the Cuban missile crisis - it's bound to happen sooner or later according to Star Trek it's scheduled to happen round the mid-point of this century.

highlandsflyer":36o17qhc said:
I don't reckon there will be anything significant on a global scale in the future.

Or at least not something we currently recognise as warfare. A whole different ballgame I'd think.

Tazio":uycou0li said:
highlandsflyer":uycou0li said:
I don't reckon there will be anything significant on a global scale in the future.

Or at least not something we currently recognise as warfare. A whole different ballgame I'd think.

Agree.
Its all about money and the main players are in it for that :?
As nobody wants to totally derail the gravy train its likely to be skirmishes in 3rd world countries for their natural resources
Main player installs dictator ,opposing main player supports/arms/trains the freedom fighters(sorry,terrorists)

Pretty much standard working practises for 1st world countries ;)

3 won't happen, people will be too lazy to go to war as it will mean leaving their bedroom, laptop and facebook

sylus":2e3y99i5 said:
3 won't happen, people will be too lazy to go to war as it will mean leaving their bedroom, laptop and facebook

^^^ This ^^^

Can you imagine what kind of conscripted army you would end up with :shock:

Latest posts

Back