Fond memories of childhood

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I was just thinking of memories of childhood, funnily enough mine was when my mum had a day off from cooking and my step dad would bring out the bagged salad. He would go to the village store by loads of salad ingredients in separate bags and they'd all be put on the table still in their bags unwashed and unprepared and that was dinner, just help yourself.

I don't know why I think fondly of that but I do

Another one is my step dad never made anyone drinks other than my mother but when I was angry or upset, and I tended to be in the extreme, when I calmed down he would make me a cup of tea, the best tea ever :D

So what is your favourite memory from childhood?

Alison

Wednesday afternoons when we had to go to Grandmas after school instead of home because Mum and Dad worked late.

Lurpak butter instead of Flora margarine
Fluffy white bread instead of home made wholegrain bread rolls.
Honey roast ham instead of potted meat.
Tea at the coffee table watching telly instead of at the dinner table.
And there was always pudding and fizzy pop.
Lying on the rug in front of the coal fire instead of our house which had central heating.

Between the ages of 13-16 cycling the muddiest, longest way home from school with mates and always getting of mug of tea at home afterwards.
Thinking of swimming on Friday night with the same mates followed by a curry at home always fills me with a warm fuzzy feeling. Then Saturday mooching around bike shops in Brighton...

electronicaeric":2rqwfl6a said:
The Cresta Lemonade man going round our estate in his V4 MK1 Transit van.

We had a Transit mini bus and I loved the sound of the doors closing :)

Alison

Our Grammar School had a V6 mk2 Transit Mini bus,and one of the teachers would give sixth formers driving lessons around the playing fields in it.I dont think they would get through the risk assesment stage these days :roll:

Not really nice but it is to me.

Teenager had day of school to go dentist.
Refused to get out of bed.
Cracked on head with high heel blood.
Mum sorry crying.
Big mardy teen goin dentist.
Refused mouth injection so put to sleep.
Mum trying to carry me home couldnt wake up?
Woke up at teatime in bed with a sykdiver under my pillow
with my mum at the side of me wiping the spit n blood away?
Strange day but we both laff at it now
:roll:

Bpool77":ejpqc6ir said:
Not really nice but it is to me.:roll:
Very strange but I had a similar situation :roll: The dentist couldn't get a back tooth out
so he had to strap my head down and eventually ripping my tooth out, leaving a massive
hole with blood going everywhere, next morning I'm weak as hell and my pillow was stuck to
my face! Hole in my mouth still bleeding badly so my Dad took me to the Medical Centre at our
local Pit were a medical chap filled the hole with hard cotton wool and was told to bite down hard, until it clotted.

Scared shitless of dentist ever since! Must have only been 13yrs old at the time.

lots but due to this being retrobike.....

laying in the bath listening to xl's fourth recordings album on tape, always after a long and fun ride on dartmoor, more often than not id be brown from head to toe lol, fond times and sometimes the tunes i hear bring it all back :cool:

Ian Raleigh":2ulir48l said:
Bpool77":2ulir48l said:
Not really nice but it is to me.:roll:
Very strange but I had a similar situation :roll: The dentist couldn't get a back tooth out
so he had to strap my head down and eventually ripping my tooth out, leaving a massive
hole with blood going everywhere, next morning I'm weak as hell and my pillow was stuck to
my face! Hole in my mouth still bleeding badly so my Dad took me to the Medical Centre at our
local Pit were a medical chap filled the hole with hard cotton wool and was told to bite down hard, until it clotted.

Scared shitless of dentist ever since! Must have only been 13yrs old at the time.

I know I started as a fondest memory thread but I have a dentist story too

Had my wisdom teeth removed at 19, put to sleep had them out got kicked out of the dentist half asleep, this was when dentists were allowed to put people to sleep, got home bled for half the night which I swallowed, threw up blood the other half and by morning could hardly move felt like I'd gone several rounds with Mike Tyson. Still has not put me off dentists though :)

Alison

Latest posts

Back