Stolen bike stunt

Public apathy due to the expected response of the police.

Round our way if you rang the police reporting it you'd just end up disapointed.

Yes, I know it's all down to cuts and lack of resources but really, they could make a bit more of an effort.

SNAKEBITER":x0quxygj said:
Public apathy due to the expected response of the police.

Round our way if you rang the police reporting it you'd just end up disapointed.

Yes, I know it's all down to cuts and lack of resources but really, they could make a bit more of an effort.

It's the whole group mentality thing. People are less likely to take action when others are around, a - to avoid embarrassing themselves and b - because they think someone else will do it.
It's the same with muggings in the street, people are far more likely to intervene if no one else is around.

also in some parts of London for example the scum may well be carry a knife and not backward in using.

I wouldn't risk it for a bike. But i would phone the police and make them earn their pay.

Well...... people just don't want to get involved incase they get attacked or something.
Had one of my bikes stolen once, in daytime in the town, luckily it was a total pub bike saved from a skip.

What number would you call be the way?
If said thief has taken the bike and ridden away by the time you've got your phone out and unlocked it would you dial 999 to report an emergency or 101?

Im guessing the middle of town during peak shopping time 450/500 cameras watching him, it's either a trap, a tv show or a complete and utter psycho,
no ta!

crime number sir ? go on you know you want one :evil:

hardly surprising really, just like when we reach for our phones each time a car alarm goes off.....

SNAKEBITER" Round our way if you rang the police reporting it you'd just end up disapointed. [/quote said:
Round our way you'd be made to feel your wasting their time. (Surrey; lowest crime levels in the country, yet also the lowest clear-up rate.)

Back