Daily Fail Report On Cyclists

Apart from the fact the item is written by someone who's elderly mum was injured twice by cyclists in London...I don't think she was too far wrong

Go to London and it does seem cyclists ..many of them certianly in the city, think no law applies to them

In many ways these "cyclists" DO give real cyclists a bad name the same way in that football hooligans gave football supporters a bad name

we can't have this glazed view that all cyclists are good cyclists and in the busy cities..there are some who do us a disservice

I hate myself. I actually read that drivel. Yes there are bad cyclists out there. As well as bad drivers, walkers, washers and lookers.

They are all mInorities. Oh wait, minorities, daily mail, carry on :roll:

sylus":fv5pa296 said:
Apart from the fact the item is written by someone who's elderly mum was injured twice by cyclists in London...I don't think she was too far wrong

Go to London and it does seem cyclists ..many of them certianly in the city, think no law applies to them

In many ways these "cyclists" DO give real cyclists a bad name the same way in that football hooligans gave football supporters a bad name

we can't have this glazed view that all cyclists are good cyclists and in the busy cities..there are some who do us a disservice

absolutely agree. We used to live in a one way street in Camden, the trainee doctor in the upstairs flat regularly used to cycle the wrong way down it without a second thought (even after I mentioned it from a cyclists perspective) as did many others. If drivers display a bad attitude it does not help cyclists if they are no better and per the article the consequences can be serious.

it says minority which is very true. I would have defended every cyclist years ago, but sadly many people in many walks of life and past times have become more selfish and ignorant to others around them, ie when you see people texting in cars or walking across the road and having near misses.

Sadly a lad on a BMX was killed round here recently when a car mounted the pavement and killed him, i don't agree with riding on pavements as more and more people are doing it these days and riding fast and not giving way, but knowing the road i don't blame the lad i would not ride that road ever, its connects betweenmotorways and people drive fast and there's big trucks.

It hasn't come to light yet but as the road was straight the driver was obviously doing something else and not concentrating.

So I guess i'm saying we should obay the law but on the other hand you have to try and look out for yourself too.

i tend to treat pavement riding much as i do obeying the speed limit. sometimes its safe to ride the pavement for yourself and drivers. other times there is no option but to ride on the road.
which is why i like my bikes with 26" wheels and 2" tyres :D

just read this, the old lady was crossing the road, and was hit by the bike, perhaps she should look where she is going.well i suppose the rider could have swerved around her, and got squashed by a bus

twice.... really should be looking. i'm sure there are cyclists kike that out there, but the overall tone of the article stinks.

marky2484 - no discussion reqd :LOL:my mum reads the mail, i love her but ******* hell she always gets a reeducation from me. tis funny as we lived in a van and toured 'no nukes' protests in the u.s.a. in the 70's and now she's a mail reader in surrey :LOL:

I wonder if the "Daily Hitler" would have made so much fuss it it had been an Asian lady who was killed? Bet they wouldn't!

Back