Hit a bit of a rough patch...

rody

BoTM Winner
Don't want to use up a lot of John's valuable band width, but have had a few people see my recent auctions and ask what's up...

Unfortunately, the old addage of keeping your friendships and business separate did me in. In the space of a two weeks, my partnership dissolved, lost the shop space and some of the machinary in it (legal stuff now...), and had one heck of a row with the Mrs. due to all the stress.

Regardless, I have to raise some quick cash to salvage what's left, so a lot of my cheerished vintage stuff had to go to the chopping block. What's on Ebay now is round one, more to come next week :(

A bit of advice...business with friends is fine if you don't mind losing both, otherwise, stay true to your own vision and persevere.

rody

Ouch. Very sage advice Rody. Hopefully you can salvage something and buy the parts back later or something even cooler. You seemed to be producing some great stuff it would be a shame if you couldn't continue.

RODY

sorry to hear this , but someone who is doing work of your calibre will come out of this shining , its the others that have lost

you may lose your friends over this and some work , but dont lose the wife

good luck

Hi Rody, I don't know you and can't do much to help apart from wish you the best of luck for the future. Really sorry for you, the bikes are material at the end of the day - hang on to the Mrs!

stevet1":1l3lnbxa said:
or something even cooler.

This makes me wonder, what stuff do you know I don't?

...but it is stuff...

Yes, this is a sad story. Rody, bummer you saw yourself confrontated with this learning experience. I am thankfull you now make us aware of things taking into carefull consideration when trying to make dreams come true.

I hope and I have faith in it you will manage it to make your dreams come true again soon.

Hope you collect A LOT with the first round, so as much as possible can be secured from a second round. I would feel very unhappy when I saw the tandem offered for example.

- Melvin

Thanks for the kind words guys...

Don't worry about the wife, I don't know why she puts up with me but she and the kids are priority #1...I was just bummed and being an a$$.

As for the bikes, I'm holding onto a few special rides, so my retro stable will not be totally devoid of coolness, just have to sluff off what I can for now. Don't worry Melvin, the tandem will go to generations of my family to come :)

As for Groovy Cycleworks, I survived losing it all in a fire back in 2000, I'll survive this too.

I appreciate the support, the people on this board really do make it special.

rody

Sorry to hear your tale - doesn't sound good, but I have faith that you'll come out of this better than you went into it.
I presume you'll ship all that lovely schwag to your retro brethren on the wrong side of the pond?

Rody,

that's real bad news. Hope things work out long term and that you clear up on ebay. I there's anything I can do on the site to help (featuring the auctions etc) let me know.

all the best

john

Back