Ebay help...

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Hi all,

Week or so ago I won an auction for a black Hyperlite bar - something I've been seeking fo ages.

Bar was in the States so asked seller if he'd ship. He said that'd be no problem.

Have sent him a couple of emails now asking him to give me the final cost for posting - both through ebay and his personal email - but he refuses to answer even when using ebay to request the total as I need to add postage manually to the finishing price.

Question is what do I do now? Couple of issues for me are that I want the bar which he has agreed to sell (presumably buyers are covered, as well as sellers who might be affected by non-payers), and also I don't want to receive negative feedback on account of not paying for something which I genuinely want and am prepared to pay for!

Any ideas from the retro-massif?

has he had any other activity in Ebay since your auction i.e. is it possible he's gone away or is it that he is just ignoring you?

Not sure. He had an awful lot of stuff all finishing the same day as the bars. Has had nothing up since though - but it was a big clearout - maybe 50 items.

He may have gone away, but it was a week ago now...

is there a way of contacting the other buyers of his stuff (follow links to other sold items click on the buyer and see if you can contact them?) to see if they got anything?

He could just be really busy,

I know it can take the states folk some time to get to a local Post office sometimes.

^^^

Cheers ears,

I just think that someone who states very clearly that payment must be made within three days must be able to sort themselves out to reply to an email after a week. Hopefully it is just nothing and they're busy but it erks me somewhat when I don't get replies from someone who states very clearly the requirements of their auctions (payment within 3 days).

Don't think they'd be as cool with me if, after a week, I still hadn't made contact.

Back