GPS, Runkeeper etc

Twozaskars

Retro Guru
Yes - not really retro related, but I'm not great with technology. I have an iPhone and use Runkeeper a bit, I can set when I leave the house and stop when I get home again, but what I'd like to know - is there an app that can;
Detect when you arrive at a set point somewhere and trigger a stopwatch,
Detect when you arrive at another set point and stop it,
Do this say, three times in the course of a ride.
The reason I ask is that I wish to have a fixed route that I can ride (pootle really) then at a challenging point, which would always be the same place / section, give it the beans before slowing down again until the next place and so on. Hope that makes sense.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re:

You can create your own "sections" on Strava, so that every time you get to that point of the ride it will track your speed / time etc. Each time you ride past that section, fast or slow, it will tell you how your stats are looking compared to previous rides.

Not sure how you do it though!

Re: Re:

Joe_Rides":2jh107bi said:
You can create your own "sections" on Strava, so that every time you get to that point of the ride it will track your speed / time etc. Each time you ride past that section, fast or slow, it will tell you how your stats are looking compared to previous rides.

Not sure how you do it though!
Thank you very much. I'll try that.

Thanks again for that suggestion, the fact I've completely missed the app that it seems the whole world is using scares me. I've signed up to it though, and having just been out for a 10 mile ride I see that I'm already on a table of a dozen or so 'segments' one of which I'm in the hundreds and not thousands! Technology is certainly not my strong point but this could become an addiction.

Re:

I don't use it anymore as I like to explore and potter most of the time rather than race around everywhere, but my personality made me push as hard as possible everywhere I went when using Strava!

It is a great app, but make sure you stay in control :D

Re:

It seems to be just the thing I needed, not really bothered about going for broke from the second I leave the house, trying to prove I can go further and faster than everyone else (because I can't) as I like to explore or just mess around en-route but there are areas I want to push it and the segments are good for that. Interesting though how some people are riding at 41mph through a park and there's a hill near me where people are clocking 60+ yet the road is a 30 limit with cameras on it.
Some of the records must surely be e-bike related too.

Back