1993 GT Bravado LE in Team Scream

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm usually pretty good at working out the value of things but this is slightly different...

Back in the day my mate bought a 1993 GT Bravado LE (full XT and desirable team scream colour scheme), I liked it that much that I steamed down to the local bike shop and purchased a Marin IFT. Interestingly, he fell off it and broke his collarbone on one ride - as the brakes had been wired back to front!

Years late the Bravado still languishes in my mates garage getting ridden very occasionally. I'd like to make an offer for it but with him being a mate, I'd like to give him a fair price for it. Rather than my usually tactic of screwing the seller down as much as I could!

As for the bike, paint will be really good and all the gear is standard (down to tyres - which will no doubt be shot, I'd also bet the wheel bearings have seen better days). The big issue is the seatpost which is stuck solid... It's a good size as well - not to gate like!

I can mechanic all of the issues and rebuild but as we all know seatposts are unknown quantities and I won't be going near it with caustic as the paint scheme is the main reason i want the bike!

Any indications of value would be appreciated to get to an offer that gives something for me and my mate...

ringo":1tvnv9zv said:
I'm usually pretty good at working out the value of things but this is slightly different...

Back in the day my mate bought a 1993 GT Bravado LE (full XT and desirable team scream colour scheme), I liked it that much that I steamed down to the local bike shop and purchased a Marin IFT. Interestingly, he fell off it and broke his collarbone on one ride - as the brakes had been wired back to front!

Years late the Bravado still languishes in my mates garage getting ridden very occasionally. I'd like to make an offer for it but with him being a mate, I'd like to give him a fair price for it. Rather than my usually tactic of screwing the seller down as much as I could!

As for the bike, paint will be really good and all the gear is standard (down to tyres - which will no doubt be shot, I'd also bet the wheel bearings have seen better days). The big issue is the seatpost which is stuck solid... It's a good size as well - not to gate like!

I can mechanic all of the issues and rebuild but as we all know seatposts are unknown quantities and I won't be going near it with caustic as the paint scheme is the main reason i want the bike!

Any indications of value would be appreciated to get to an offer that gives something for me and my mate...

Did you ever buy this mate?

Back