Dave Hinde Retro Custom Mountain Bike Frame & Forks

DMO_Frameworks

Retro Newbie
Hello retrobikers!

I have a custom Dave Hinde frame and forks for sale and I have no idea what it is worth.

The frame is damaged at the top of the seat-tube and will require repairing.

Top tube length is 56cm centre to centre. Headtube length is 130mm. Chainstay length is 415mm. The frame is designed for 26" wheels.

Please see pictures attached to this post for more details.

Anywho, if anyone can give me an idea of the value, or indeed wants to make an offer please get in touch.

Cheers.

Olly.

Attachments

• DH_Full.jpg
    DH_Full.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,666
  • DH_Seat_Tube.jpg
    DH_Seat_Tube.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,665
Re:

That is such a shame... :shock:

A lovely tubeset, and by the look of it a stuck post, or a crack appeared...there must have been a better way to resolve that.. :facepalm:

I would think the cost to replace would far outweigh the value of the end result.

The silly part is, if it had the name FAT CHANCE written down the side, inevitably it would be worth doing... :?

Re:

What a shame. If nobody else wants it i will be heading chippenham way in a week or two and could try and bring it back from the dead .

Pm me

Cheers/carl

Such a shame someone resorted to this, looks a recent job too. It can be rescued but as already said, the cost makes it only worthwhile if you are after this frame.

I am interested in the forks though, will PM you.

Also this needs moving to the right thread as this is the for sale thread and all items need a price.

Mark

Re:

Already made an offer on facebook a few days ago for this frame and forks based on what needs doing to it, I'm not being funny but once a framebuilder gets this its gonna cost an arm and a leg to get it back to being able to hold a seatpost, then off to the painters and then new decals ordering.

me..... I just want another project that I can possibly save.

Its just not worth hundreds in that state I'm afraid no matter how many people you ask.

Re:

Hello Carl,

I totally agree, it's certainly not worth hundreds.

I was mainly worried about over charging someone for it (whilst at the same time wanting to get a fair price for me).

Putting it up here has been very interesting when looking at the offers I have been made for it.

Thank you for your interest.

Olly

I'm sure it's been helpful to you posting it here to hawk for offers, but that's not actually what this section of the forum is for. It is for sales with fixed prices.

If you wanted an idea of value you should have posted it in the HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum, as the first reply kindly pointed you to.

Re:

Hello kingoffootball,

Thank you for your feedback. This is the first time I have used this forum, apologies for posting in the wrong area.

I actually thought that the first response I received was admin who had relocated my post for me. Clearly this is not the case.

Is it even possible to relocate a post?

Anywho, back to my frame and forks, thank you to everyone for the pms regarding the value. I will be in touch soon.

Olly

Back