how much is our 1988 Kona worth?

DCCP

Retro Newbie
I am the chairman for Durrington Community Cycle Project in Worthing west sussex. We have been donated a 1988 Kona Fire Mountain.We would like to know how much it is worth so that we can sell it to help the project to continue to help the community. many thanks.

Re:

This will very much depend on condition and originality, but the Fire Mountain was the entry-level model. I have seen very decent examples on here for £100 or thereabouts. Some had curved forks, others the straight Project 2 forks.

Re: kona firemountain

The bike I would say was in above average condition and has curved forks. It is black with pink splats all over it...

Yep, that's an early 88 Fire Mountain. Some pictures would help, anything between £100-150 is reasonable.

Re:

Pictures would be great! My Fire mountain of the same year ended up being sold on to somebody down that way a couple of years ago..surely it's not the same bike?

From memory my own sold for around £140, which was fully rebuilt and fitted with a better quality drivetrain :)

Re: kona firemountain

Thanks for the reply. The Kona we have we believe is totally original.
Unfortunately I'm unable to upload the photos as it keeps telling me that they are to big. I will try and sort it out...

Re:

If you have the old "paint" programme on your computer you can use that to resize pictures. I just resize pictures to 20% & that's usually fine

Back