1991 Raleigh Technium Chill

ZombieBike

Retro Newbie
Hello everybody!

I'm considering selling my Raleigh Chill, if it's worth something.

To tell you the truth, it would be hard, because I bought it second-hand in 2000 to take it with me on my very first bike journey, and it has been my only mountain bike until a couple of years ago, when a friend of mine lent me his girlfriend's hardtail, before convincing me to buy a more-or-less contemporary mountain bike. However, I'd like to know how much it is valued.

Recently, I've tried to restore my Chill, mainly repairing what wasn't working properly (I've replaced tyres, brake and shifter cables and cases, brake shoes, brake springs and plastic bits, chain, middle chainring, cassette, derailleur jockey wheels, pedal bolts, handlebar grips, and greased all the bearings), but also trying to get it back closer to the original built, with a NOS Deore DX front derailleur and second-hand Deore DX brake levers and shifters (now, except for the obvious, only the rear rim, middle chainring and HG50 13-34 cassette aren't original). Unfortunately, non-appropriate storage during the last few years has led to some discolouration and rust, while the scratches you can see are from its glory days.

Back