'97 VooDoo Erzulie

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well.. went and met with a v.nice chap midway between the seller and me (thanks TedC, you truly are a gent!!)

Will get better pics as I strip things off it but here it is, as it arrived in my kitchen . . .

08042010759.jpg

08042010755.jpg

08042010754.jpg

08042010756.jpg

08042010753.jpg

08042010752.jpg

08042010751.jpg

08042010749.jpg

I'm a happy bunny today :cool:

It's got an 'Action Bikes' sticker on the frame somewhere... didn't know Halfrauds ever done Voodoo.. :?

yup they did the poverty spec ones like that for a few years
i did think they were a bit later than that tho mebee 2001 onwards

I dont think Halfords were doing Voodoo at that time. Its a shame they ever got the rights to sell Voodoo in the first place. For me it takes away most of the 'exotica' of the Voodoo brand. People associate Voodoo with Halfords now even though they have nothing to do with them. Shame. "Hey look at that Halfords bike"...F**k off, it a Voodoo! :LOL:

Still, those of us on RB know that BiTD voodoo was a very cool brand. Designed by Joe Murray no less ;)

In the late 90's I spent many hours drooling over the Voodoo ad's in MBUK......

F off Halfords!

Rant over. Nice bike :)

Reactions: baj
Halfords or not I'll bet that rides like a dream.

They have a ruby red, possibly 853 in 17.5 for around £750.

I can't go in for car cleaning products without going for a look at it. Modern or not I like it a lot.

Sorry for the hijack :oops:

Michael

think they picked them up at the same time as kona ,same holding company
i think ,they were made in Vietnam at that point

you can see the joe murray influence in the frame shape tho

do remember mbuk saying that voodoo bikes were cursed
anyone remember that ?

I like modern Voodoo myself and often browse their website, if only all their bikes weren't deigned for silly long forks these days...

(OMG, thats my second rant in less than 20mins! Doctor doctor...)

:D :D

Im after a retro Voodoo myself at the moment. When I get one Im going to have new decals made that say 'VOODOO (not Halfords)' :D

So.. is it a '97??

Only orange ones I found on the 'net were dated '97.... admittedly didn't look that hard. .

Makes no odds to me ateotd, I only want it for the frame.. would be nice to be accurate though ;)

I quite like the original stickers so may see about having them redone.. and I'd like to try and source a new, undamaged one of these..

08042010762.jpg

Back