Like when Dylan went electric...

ededwards":3cytmjg7 said:
Update to the P7 ss
I don't know Ed. Looks fine, but surely you have plenty of single speeds? If you'd have built up a hucking hardtail with a 6 inch fork and a modern 9 speed gruppo that would've been like dylan going Electric.

SS is an addiction - after a while you cease to understand the purpose of gears other than to add a pound and a half of weight to your bike.

REKIBorter":405te0d4 said:
Surely some mistake, the bike pictured has suspension forks fitted.
We have a winner!

John":405te0d4 said:
ededwards":405te0d4 said:
Update to the P7 ss
I don't know Ed. Looks fine, but surely you have plenty of single speeds? If you'd have built up a hucking hardtail with a 6 inch fork and a modern 9 speed gruppo that would've been like dylan going Electric.
Steady on old chap, your suggestion is more akin to using a Moog and a Vocoder, one step at a time what with this being the first flexible fork I've fitted.

mechagouki":405te0d4 said:
SS is an addiction - after a while you cease to understand the purpose of gears other than to add a pound and a half of weight to your bike.
Gears also add mental frustration as they grind and skip (and those who argue that it is just poorly set up by the home mechanic - pffft), so much so that I find I rarely, if ever, change up or down on one of my geared bikes - knowing that you are almost always in the wrong gear for the job is like a warm, comforting blanket for my mind.

Did you do the dropouts yourself???

Vaguely toying with the idea of making my old clockwork SS...

(although mine shall have a 150mm stem flipped to run paralell with the TT and pace rc 30s...)

Back