Another Kona

Moqi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After what seems forever, The Kona Fire Mountain has finally made it out of the spare bedroom.

It's a 92 Fire Mountain frame and forks I purchased off ebay and built up. It was never intended to be built as anything other than spare day to day bike, to use in the summer after I finish work, I can go on some gentle trails round here, rather than pop home and change bikes. For proper off road stuff I'll stick to my modern stuff.

Certain bits are retro - Frame and forks, X-lite Bars, chain assasin and grips - Sefas Connectors in Wildgripper green.

I'ts running 9 speeds, modern LX at rear controlled by Deore shifter. I may go 7 speed with a thumbie.

To do - new chain, touch up of paint, change tyres to some black and green wildgrippers I've got on the way.

Wheels dont match - Superstock at front from 2000, modern superstock at rear. Currently matching rear wheel has dead freewheel.

Let me know what you think (only if it's nice :LOL: )

Sorry for quality of pics - it's a crap camera and it's very overcast here.

Attachments

• Dscf0088.jpg
    Dscf0088.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,917
  • Dscf0087.jpg
    Dscf0087.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,917
  • Dscf0086.jpg
    Dscf0086.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,917
  • Dscf0085.jpg
    Dscf0085.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,917
Kona

Thats a nice looking bike. Must be comfy to ride with those risers. Really clean looking frame and plenty of colours in there too! :shock:

Darren

Quite like that - same graphics as my cinder cone - nice and neat. Odessey shark bite pedals too :p You should rotate the rear QR handle so it points backwards however ;)

Where did you get the chain control apparatus for the crankwheel?

Chain device

The chain device is a Chain assassin - obtained from Marky Mark on here. I believe he may have more.

Bob, that has to be my favourite coloured Kona from that era. Didn't hear back from you about the GT for the gf, how is it? Any pic's for on here?

kona and Gt

I've PM'd you re Gt.

Glad you like Kona. I'll try to get some pictures in sunshine (it's raining here again) It really glows in the sun. My next door neighbour already offered to buy it off me.

updated

Updated kona - Red (more like brown) Z maxs and shinier bar.

I'm in 2 minds re tyres

Attachments

• kona.jpg
    kona.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,350
Back