1993/4 Orange P7

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Component list & more pics on p2 of thread

I just bought this from charity bike shop Happy Days. It had been donated by someone who worked or works for Orange & had been in their loft for 20 years - longer I reckon! Fantastic condition. A bonus is the one-piece Stalk bar/stem made by Steve Wade. The groupset is a mix of Shimano, Suntour & Sram with Van Schothorst (later to become Rigida) rims. Never seen them on an Orange (or anything else in my limited experience) & it's not had enough use to have worn a rim out. I'd have expected Mavic's (too early for FIR's?).

It's just arrived today & it's raining so a few indoor shots for now.

Frame No: A3050675

28jan21_001.jpg 28jan21_002.jpg 28jan21_003.jpg 28jan21_004.jpg 28jan21_005.jpg 28jan21_006.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1993 Orange P7

It was a charity shop but it still cost me all my pocket money! Good cause though!

I'd be interested on feedback re the rims. The hubs are like new LX563 date stamped Jan 94.

That's a real interesting hole in the stem for the brake cable. Is it supposed to be like that or it's drilled there?

Re:

Nice. :cool:

A305 makes it May 93 right? If so it's super early for a P7, probably on of the first batch. Built up from spares at the factory, rims maybe a brand they were having a look at?

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":17p85dm1 said:
Nice. :cool:

A305 makes it May 93 right? If so it's super early for a P7, probably on of the first batch. Built up from spares at the factory, rims maybe a brand they were having a look at?

Aye - bit of a mystery. I'm not in a hurry to change them, if at all. I'm told the Kenda tyre is early 2000's so more likely to do something there. Even that's odd - bike doesn't look used enough to have worn through a set of tyres!

Back