Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Miss Peachy completed her Bronze DofE last year and has now decided to have a crack at the Silver. she's got most of the tasks sorted but needed to choose a skill..... apparently restoring a bike can come under 'Science & Technology.

So, donated to the cause is a 1991(I think) Claud Butler Shaman Deore LX with Reynolds 501 Magnum tubes... This was going to be a job for our Jimmy, but he's happy to let this one go as all he cares about now is his Lotus.

Frame is off at the powder coaters.... wait for it..... FLOURESCENT PINK!! :facepalm:

Gil has sorted some new graphics, and Jim has sourced a bunch of pink parts off of the 'bay....... next post will be after her 15th Birthday when she gets the box of bits, the funky frame and the stickers to start the "Father & Daughter Claud Butler Shaman Silver DofE project"

Attachments

• file-265.jpeg
    file-265.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 2,958
  • Claud Butler Mountain Logo SHAMAN.jpg
    Claud Butler Mountain Logo SHAMAN.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 2,964
Re: Father & Daughter Claud Butler Shaman Silver DofE project

Great project! Can't wait for my little one to be old enough to restore bikes with me...right now all he can help with is opening and closing toolbox :)

Re:

Well done, both son and daughter interested in old bikes!
Espacially on her age it's great she still wants to hang out with dad.
Pink with the yellow decals will look awesome.

Re: Re:

Dare":z5927h7e said:
Great project! Can't wait for my little one to be old enough to restore bikes with me...right now all he can help with is opening and closing toolbox :)

You’ll blink and he’ll be helping/doing his own, in my signature are a number of threads starting with my lad helping me, then on to him almost completely building his own (Majestic/Electron/Majetique/Ladies Sports/Cavalier) :D

Jamis Diablo":z5927h7e said:
Well done, both son and daughter interested in old bikes!
Espacially on her age it's great she still wants to hang out with dad.
Pink with the yellow decals will look awesome.

She’s more used to giving instructions (gets that from Mrs Peachy) now she has to get her hands dirty! :facepalm:

Happy Girl got a pink bike! :LOL:

Attachments

• 8D1BD4E1-8279-431E-A5F3-F1C75E6C0CAE.jpeg
    8D1BD4E1-8279-431E-A5F3-F1C75E6C0CAE.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 2,797

Graham_hkr":1dsjodbo said:
PeachyPM":1dsjodbo said:
Happy Girl got a pink bike! :LOL:
That's gonna look awesome... :cool:

Stickers go on tonight...... :shock:

Glad to see you planned well ahead and furnished Miss Peachy with suitable eye wear to protect against that Neon glow :cool:

That’s going to look fierce- just like the rider

Next years trip to Northampton in mid June could be turning into a full on family fare -

Retro Spud":1p0y3wls said:
Glad to see you planned well ahead and furnished Miss Peachy with suitable eye wear to protect against that Neon glow :cool:

That’s going to look fierce- just like the rider

Next years trip to Northampton in mid June could be turning into a full on family fare -

Might have a problem there..... she asked only the other day when Jimmy was talking about MM 2020, “Dad... this doesn’t mean I have to do that old man pushing a bike up hill thing with you & Jimmy next year do I?” :shock: :( youth of today have no respect...

I’m sure in Ms Peachy’s eyes you became ‘Un-cool’ to be seen with a few years back when she discovered independence and proper freedom

TBH no self respecting teenager should end up hanging out with their dad and his wrinkly mates in a field in Northamptonshire (too sedate and besides not enough Jagerbombs and Redbull to go round)

Back