This is a [Walter] Croll ... Twin City Steel

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Here's something you don't see very often. This is a 1994-5 Walter Croll built mountain bike. Walter was primarily a road and touring bike builder in the Minneapolis area. This bike is 565 so not exactly a high volume producer, but very well liked in the area. Croll produced a handful of mtbs. My collecting has sort of taken me to builders that are a little less known but still very talented. This is a gorgeous bike ... bit of patina but it should come out very nice. It's a neat brazed/tig mix as you can see.

Re:

Very nice dude, cool to hear about other frame builders doing/done wonderful things

Re:

Bumped this up the build order to make BoTM ... only Reynolds frame in the quiver.

Turned out pretty well. I had all the bits I wanted to use so it was just a matter of getting it together in between work, no sleep, and diaper changes (for my new baby ... not me).

I have only build a few bikes that blackwalls looked better on. I wish the paint photographed better. It really is a really nice 5 colour blue/black multi-fade. I'll ride it as is after I rebuild the Judy (again) with Kronos springs. I put a brand new stack of elastomers in the thing and it already has slouch ... meh

Frame: Walter Croll Custom MTB (Brazed Rear Tri, Tig Headtube

Fork: Rockshox Judy XC w/ Two-Wheel Performance Brace

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Control Tech
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: Ritchey
Barends: None

Brakes: Avid Tri-Align
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Brake Cables: MEC
Cantilever cable hangers: Grafton
Brake Levers: Gravity Research