BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
This one is the antithesis of the showroom condition Ultra, owned by Jimi911, currently vying for April's BotM competition. It's clearly seen plenty of use over the past 29 years and has had at least two former owners on the forum here. I recently had the pleasure of meeting up with the most recent custodian, andyz, and relieving him of this burden :D

I can't take much of the credit for the build but thought it was a good place to bolt on a fillet brazed Ritchey quill stem that I've had in the stash for a while. This came from ebay.com via my trusty compadre on the east coast (thanks as always Paul) and went off to Dan (Chambers) to have the missing cable guide replaced - top work as usual from the man :) I also replaced the (stock) silver Strong post with a black Tioga one, although this is just a place holder until I find something else (anyone with a 26.8 IRD/American Classic/Kingsbery in black please?). The Ritchey saddle was dragged kicking and screaming out of the nos drawer to replace the Avocet Racing saddle and the addition of the Suntour XC pedals (soon to be replaced with some XT's) meant it was ready to ride. The rest of the spec is trusty old XT M730 with RM20 rims keeping it rolling. The current tyres are Cheng Shin, which will do fine until I get some more suitable Ritchey rubber, and the Ritchey bottle I've been hanging onto is the cherry on top :D

I'm guilty of having one or two bikes that don't really see much time on the dry trails, let alone the wet ones, but this won't be one of those. I plan on this being my regular rider, whatever the weather, although the first outing took place during the best weather of the year so far.

Hope you like it :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

I made him an offer he couldn't refuse, or he made me an offer I couldn't refuse, I forget which :LOL:

Mike Muz 67":1a9c6sg7 said:
I did wonder,

Didn't think Andy would sell it though

Mike

Re:

I guess it's about the same distance away from mine still. Just in the opposite direction! :LOL:

Re:

Yeah, it's okay...

not really my thing.

al.

That is ace, Adrian!

Must say I'm liking it just a teeny-tiny bit more than the black one currently in BoTM, just because of the patina..

Nice pictures (surroundings) too :D!

Enjoy.

That's a beauty Adrian :D

Great to hear it's going to be a regular rider - hope to meet it on the trails some day :cool:

Latest posts

Back