1988 emmelle cortina ..........with a few tweaks

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
remember this?

werent too sure what is was but 99% sure it was an emmelle cortina, however the only one here was a bit nicer and refined.....

then i found this, so yup its a moore large emmelle cortina with bmx tubing :roll:

well, took delievery and hatched a plan. i was going to strip the paint, repaint it ritchey p22 colours as i think its an awesome combo but though while im stripping the paint to modify it slightly, make it less ugly

removed the pannier mounts, canti bridge and mudguard mounts

stripped

got a £2 stem from manchester velojumble so stripped that and got everything in primer

then............................................while in poundland, found a shelf with a few black and white spray cans ;)

found a pic of this on t'net and fell in love

fisher everest

going to try and recreate this shot asap

with this

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
not the best attention to detail, just tapped up and sprayed black to make a zebraesque pattern :facepalm:

found a set of old exage wheels in the stash, got a newer exage groupset, fitted a USE post i recently bought a pair of on ebay missing the clamp channel modified with an old bmx clamp and a lovely san marco saddle of carl. fitted the bb and handlebar from a buggered rockhopper recently bought and some grips i had kicking about and.....

viola

i really like it, needs a test ride to stretch cables and check everythings okay etc

question is, do i get some funky decals or not? :?

Re:

That's great! :cool:

I always enjoy reading your build threads mate, you never know which direction they're going to go (which is a good thing!)

Definitely yes to the decals - how's about a purple colour to match that 'Exage' lettering on the cranks, in a cheeky Overbury's style font :?:

Re:

I Love that fella, yet again another cracking build Chris
up.gif

Personally I Think it would look much better with the first color scheme you intended to use. But since you said this:

longun":3lo9e8o6 said:
i really like it, needs a test ride to stretch cables and check everythings okay etc

Everything else is a moo Point.

longun":3lo9e8o6 said:
question is, do i get some funky decals or not? :?

I agree that pink ones would be really cool :)

Awesome, i like how you had a plan then just went a totally different direction :LOL:
That paint job looks fine too regardless of how you did it and i think it looks ok without decals to be honest.

Mark

Back