Here comes the Sunn * update *so near yet so far

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
:facepalm: Hi
Ok another project on the go :D I'm far too impatient for build threads but I will actually try this time .
Thanks to Jaypee I'm the owner of his 97 Sunn Xchox frame , as usual with my bikes it's likely to be built with as much as I can from the parts bin but I'm thinking M738 / M739 XT , maybe Manitou forks too .
Anyway the frame is stripped now , the back end is a bit rough so will probably need painting but being chrome the front isn't too bad . Other half is out tonight so " while the cats away " the mice polish there frame in the kitchen :D

So here is a bit to be getting on with :D

Re: Here comes the Sunn

longun":to3nooah said:
signing in, never seen one of these before :) very cool
There does not seem to be much info around on it , very similar suspension design to the Giant ATX 9000 range but in steel not alloy , so pretty heavy :LOL:
Paul

Re:

Nice project Paul! :cool:

Looks to be polishing up nicely ;)

Looking forward to seeing it take shape

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":27yflvvd said:
Nice project Paul! :cool:

Looks to be polishing up nicely ;)

Looking forward to seeing it take shape
Thanks mate :D

Looks like it has not had a lot of love so got to make sure the pivots are working properly as it was a struggle to get apart , Im rubbing the back end down at the mo ready for a re fresh of paint .

Paul

Re:

Hi all , just a little update .
While I drum up enthusiasm to paint the rear triangle I thought I would mock up the front end and get some of your opinions on the various bar n stem combos I have .
So here we go .

So what do you think ?

You can get away with the risers on it, I reckon.

Not that heavy, either - full spec, they came in at 12.8 kilos. Less than the Giant :)

tufty":lbxh9z07 said:
You can get away with the risers on it, I reckon.

Not that heavy, either - full spec, they came in at 12.8 kilos. Less than the Giant :)
The risers would be more comfortable as there is not much spare steerer tube ! I have various other stems but most look too bulky against the skinny tubes :D
Paul

Latest posts

Back