Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:48 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:22 pm 
Retro Guru

More Clockwork :twisted:
The 92 Clockwork in my opinion rides the best and is potentially the most iconic of the clockwork years. I also really like the geometry and feel of this bike overall.
I was lucky enough to buy this complete bike off brocklanders, as this one was his spare orange and white fade clockwork he had stored away, the other one is arguably the best original one ive seen on the net! So all that was required was merely changing the stem and bars on it, and since then have enjoyed riding it! :D The black clockwork is a regular rider as well, with a complete original Lx groupset, its a November 92 frame, so sports the blocked decals..

The 93 Clockwork, is a carbon copy of what I had as a teen.. I was lucky enough to buy the frame and forks off Scant on here, and manged to build it with period current Lx groupo, and have the orange enduro saddle, lite stik seatpost, sk8 stem and hot rod bars. Although to have a true carbon copy of my bike as a teen i need to get hold of a suntour xc comp groupset :facepalm: but something to work towards!
Attachment:
IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1274.JPG [ 175.83 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1275.JPG [ 170.89 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1278.JPG [ 183.08 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1279.JPG [ 169.08 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG [ 168.23 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1267.JPG [ 166 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1270.JPG
IMG_1270.JPG [ 173.24 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1268.JPG
IMG_1268.JPG [ 166.14 KiB | Viewed 1653 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:32 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

A lovely brace Calum.
Especially the orange and White fade.

8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:01 am 
Retro Guru

Thanks Mark, yes a true classic the Orange & fade.. rides really well, no frills, just responsive and rides like a GOAT.. :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:15 pm 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
OMFG, it's Orange heaven today. There's me with my one Orange. What a fantastic Orange collection you have there – I am simultaneously envious and yet full of admiration. I'd pay good money to see these. I just cannot decide between the classic orange and white or the seriously cool black with orange. Anyway, keep 'em coming.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:33 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Great stuff mate. 8)

God knows where you found all the Hot Rod bars and Orange saddles!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 am 
Retro Guru

Cheers Ed..
The hotrods are often up for sale, although the yellow/orange or purple ones are not up for sale much, although somehow I managed to get up to the grand total of 6 orange/yellow bars. As for the Orange branded seats, well they are rare, have paid top money for some, anything from 4 quid to 40 pounds. I find the Orange gel seats very comfortable, so it makes sense to me to have the same/similar saddles in my collection, as I do like like to ride my bikes without a painful arse.. :)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:17 am 
Retro Guru

groovyblueshed wrote:
OMFG, it's Orange heaven today. There's me with my one Orange. What a fantastic Orange collection you have there – I am simultaneously envious and yet full of admiration. I'd pay good money to see these. I just cannot decide between the classic orange and white or the seriously cool black with orange. Anyway, keep 'em coming.

Cheers :D
Well if your ever in sunny South Wales, give me a pm, you can have a cup of tea, see the bikes, heck you can borrow one and we go for a ride in the woods by me. 8)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:27 am 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
Cheshire1980 wrote:
groovyblueshed wrote:

Cheers :D
Well if your ever in sunny South Wales, give me a pm, you can have a cup of tea, see the bikes, heck you can borrow one and we go for a ride in the woods by me. 8)

Apart from having my Marin stolen in Cardiff, I have very fond memories of living in South Wales. I lived in Splott and went to art college in Cardiff. I went out on group rides a couple of times a week with a team from Reg Braddick & Sons, hitting the trails and mountains beyond. A favourite mess about ride involved taking the riverside trail up along the Taff to Castell Coch and around Caerphilly Mountain. I'd often go off exploring on my own too, discovering old castle ruins or going out West along the coast to Southern Down and Ogmore, or just down the Tiger round the docks. I miss it all. One day, I will revisit...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:23 pm 
Retro Guru

Small world, I lived in splott in 2001-2!.. now a resident of Barrybados..let's of good riding, I often go Christie way, and forest Dean another favorite!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:15 pm 
Retro Guru

Lots not let's, Chepstow not Christie...love mobiles & predictive text.. aarrrrr..