Orange Clockwork 1992/93 Collection.

Cheshire1980

Orange 🍊 Fan
More Clockwork :twisted:
The 92 Clockwork in my opinion rides the best and is potentially the most iconic of the clockwork years. I also really like the geometry and feel of this bike overall.
I was lucky enough to buy this complete bike off brocklanders, as this one was his spare orange and white fade clockwork he had stored away, the other one is arguably the best original one ive seen on the net! So all that was required was merely changing the stem and bars on it, and since then have enjoyed riding it! :D The black clockwork is a regular rider as well, with a complete original Lx groupset, its a November 92 frame, so sports the blocked decals..

The 93 Clockwork, is a carbon copy of what I had as a teen.. I was lucky enough to buy the frame and forks off Scant on here, and manged to build it with period current Lx groupo, and have the orange enduro saddle, lite stik seatpost, sk8 stem and hot rod bars. Although to have a true carbon copy of my bike as a teen i need to get hold of a suntour xc comp groupset :facepalm: but something to work towards!

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,915
  • IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,924
  • IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,911
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,903
  • IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,898
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,898
  • IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,891
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,906
Thanks Mark, yes a true classic the Orange & fade.. rides really well, no frills, just responsive and rides like a GOAT.. :)

Re:

OMFG, it's Orange heaven today. There's me with my one Orange. What a fantastic Orange collection you have there – I am simultaneously envious and yet full of admiration. I'd pay good money to see these. I just cannot decide between the classic orange and white or the seriously cool black with orange. Anyway, keep 'em coming.

Cheers Ed..
The hotrods are often up for sale, although the yellow/orange or purple ones are not up for sale much, although somehow I managed to get up to the grand total of 6 orange/yellow bars. As for the Orange branded seats, well they are rare, have paid top money for some, anything from 4 quid to 40 pounds. I find the Orange gel seats very comfortable, so it makes sense to me to have the same/similar saddles in my collection, as I do like like to ride my bikes without a painful arse.. :)

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":3kefdpii said:
OMFG, it's Orange heaven today. There's me with my one Orange. What a fantastic Orange collection you have there – I am simultaneously envious and yet full of admiration. I'd pay good money to see these. I just cannot decide between the classic orange and white or the seriously cool black with orange. Anyway, keep 'em coming.

Cheers :D
Well if your ever in sunny South Wales, give me a pm, you can have a cup of tea, see the bikes, heck you can borrow one and we go for a ride in the woods by me. :cool:

Re: Re:

Cheshire1980":272687nm said:
groovyblueshed":272687nm said:

Cheers :D
Well if your ever in sunny South Wales, give me a pm, you can have a cup of tea, see the bikes, heck you can borrow one and we go for a ride in the woods by me. :cool:

Apart from having my Marin stolen in Cardiff, I have very fond memories of living in South Wales. I lived in Splott and went to art college in Cardiff. I went out on group rides a couple of times a week with a team from Reg Braddick & Sons, hitting the trails and mountains beyond. A favourite mess about ride involved taking the riverside trail up along the Taff to Castell Coch and around Caerphilly Mountain. I'd often go off exploring on my own too, discovering old castle ruins or going out West along the coast to Southern Down and Ogmore, or just down the Tiger round the docks. I miss it all. One day, I will revisit...

Small world, I lived in splott in 2001-2!.. now a resident of Barrybados..let's of good riding, I often go Christie way, and forest Dean another favorite!

Back