Early Retrotec

eastcoaststeve

PoTM Winner
I posted this on MTBR, but thought it was cool enough to post for my RB friends as well....

This bike popped up on my local CL about 6 years ago...priced way out of my range, but I contacted the seller and gave it a shot but no dice. Thought I had saved his contact info, but lost him. Over the years I have wondered what ever happened to it and knowing it was close by but not where drove me nuts.
Two days ago owner contacts me that he is cleaning out some stuff and let's just say I wasn't going to lose it twice.

Build as I got it as pretty pedestrian (DX and mish mash mid-low end parts and a sacked Rock Shox), but the frame was the gem.

Stripped it down last night and built this up today.

(click on pic and you can see a bunch of pics of it in my bucket)

I am beyond happy to have it and with how it turned out.

Steve

Re:

Wow! That's a new name to me.

The build is superb, all minimal and clean lines... very cool. :cool:

Wow. Never seen one of these. But I like it. Well done.

Seems you forgot some gears thou... ;)

Always loved the look of these, so different a little bit trimble-esque and you've gotta love the simplicity of putting a fork on the back

RBG

Nice.

But what were they thinking with that rear brake cable and the bottle cage colliding?
And how would one get the mud out of the frame? :LOL:

Did you ride it yet? How does the read end feel?

Finally got this one out in the woods.

Perfect Fall day:

It was immediately clear that this one is a keeper.
Still smiling hours later:

Ride report: Smooth, and very "normal" ride. Without looking down you would never know it was such a funky frame.
Felt a bit more compliant on the roots than some of my other rides, but I couldn't say for sure it wasn't just imagined since I was having so much fun.

Steve

saw this on fudbook , fantastic looking bike , my new favorite , want

mike

Back