The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Could be a bit small but I'll make it work. Very early.

Going on my tour in the morning till Saturday. Picking up Sunday. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 4,956
Re: 82? Andy Powell Early Overbury's Crossfell type MTB

Just been for a drive. The owner from new, Gerald, says it was 82. The seatpost is 82 so that ties in so I'll go with that for now as there's no date on the handwritten receipt.

Bit of a time warp. Gerald changed the bars at some point. The originals are lost. Other than that it looks to be original and in amazing condition. Used and loved i'm told.

The post is a little short for me so if anybody has an early silver 27.2 350mm to 325mm post I'm your man. SR Laprade currently.

The pics will tell all........

Quick spin

Nice long head tube was what tempted me.

Substantial, very reminiscent of the Alves.

Tourney XT so when would that be?

Check out that pristine chainstay baby!

So, 82? I was thinking maybe a little later but I bow to anybody's greater knowledge.

Please post your phorensic judgements. Regardless, pretty isn't it? :)

Very nice

Possibly 1982 but unlikely as Reynolds didnt bring out specific 531 and 501 All Terrain tubing until 1983 - my money would be on 1984, especially with the other components. Deerhead was for the 1983 season too.

Let me know if you get bored of it as its my size.

Scroll down for Shimano date codes

http://www.vintage-trek.com/component_dates.htm

Looks really well looked after that :cool:

I think Deerhead came out in 83 but someone else can probably confirm. The stem would definitely be newer but most of the rest looks of that age.

Thanks chaps. Would be nice to find some period correct bars.

Agree with Mark on the age.

Its quite possibly the best assembled bike I have seen you with on here..! looks spot on. although too small....?

Quite Lovely too.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Tis a little cramped but was worth the risk as proper wider bars will open it up a little. Post is about an inch short in pics so not insurmountable.

Edit: thanks mark but those bars see almond set as much as I paid for the bike. :shock:

Back