I'm stunned at what i have recently picked up!!!

cheesedh

Dirt Disciple
A couple of weeks ago i answered an advert on Facebook for a ProFlex 955 World Cup going (relatively) cheap. As far as i knew it was 90% complete but needed a full resto which i'm always up for.

To my surprise when i turned up every component had been polished to within an inch of it's life and was in what can only be described as exceptional condition! All that is left for me to to is locate some period tyres and a seatpost, everything else is there!!!

Full XT groupset apart from Sugino crankset, Hope hubs laced to Mavic rims, X-Lite bars, still packaged Tektro brake boosters and noodles, Risse shocks front and back and even included spare identical shocks. Most of these parts are brand new!!!

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/13716827/

My question is this...

After researching the frame i can only ever find them with either elastomer or coil suspension. Were the Risse shocks aftermarket or did people ditch them in favour of the elastomer/spring option as i can't find a single pic of one with this suspension setup?

Much to my wife's dismay this one's a keeper and going up on the wall in my shop irrespective of what it is likely to be worth once finished, although i have had to promise to sell my '85 Raleigh Technium to make way for it! :shock:

Cheers all, peace out!

Risse shocks were aftermarket. They did (still do in fact) a fair few replacements for proprietary designs

cce":kxri5fr0 said:
Risse shocks were aftermarket. They did (still do in fact) a fair few replacements for proprietary designs

Thank you for that. Do you happen to know of anywhere i am likely to find a review of this setup or were these quickly dismissed for being rubbish? I've not got around to building it yet so have no idea how it's going to feel once i tighten the last bolt.

Cheers

Risse shocks are generally well regarded. You can still get parts for them too, which is more than you can say for the originals

Back