1992 raleigh dynatech ogre, finished in 24hrs

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
well, it will be when it arrives this week from Gio. treated myself for my birthday as ive really grown fond of these and ive managed to save from some barrow jobs of late to fund the addiction :facepalm:

whats already and waiting, spent the day cleaning, polishing and painting in the sun :D

so far ive only had to order a chain and cable outers :shock: suprising how many bits i have stashed away :facepalm: may get a better post but will check riding position first.

Re:

Nice one brother!

Funny how we unknowingly stash enough bits for a bike isn't it! :LOL:

What are the wheels? Can't make them out

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3ev7ct5g said:
Nice one brother!

Funny how we unknowingly stash enough bits for a bike isn't it! :LOL:

What are the wheels? Can't make them out

Mike

cheers boss :D

wheels are hope hubs, mavic rims, engineered 8-7 speed spacer :roll: a 12-28 cassette, some old shimano qr's and crusty megabites :| hope they last.....

cable outers came today so theyre all cut and fitted to shifters etc all ready. painted a marin stem and kalloy uno bar in alloy wheel paint and looks sweet, may even do the new post when it arrives

took the shimano pedals off the dynatech odyssey for thisbuild, ive some ritcheyesque wellgos for that now in yellow.

need the frame, chain and seatpost now :D

Re:

Be careful with those Wellgo pedals son, I had a pair some time ago. Feet pulled out something shocking. Wouldn't want to forget and do a bunny hop. So I binned them

Re: 1992 raleigh dynatech ogre......

well, it came today as well as a new post (which is the srong size, im a tool :( ) and the chain

all built up, just needs the new post that fits, gears and brakes setting up and for some reason the rear hope wheel is in fixie mode!!!!!

no pics as the phone was charging but possibly the fastest bike build ive done!!!looks ace, im well chuffed with it, glad i spent some time preping cables etc for the build, even made a new headset press. why i didnt make one before is beyond me

pics tomorrow morning :)

Re: 1992 raleigh dynatech ogre......

post is getting returned tomorrow for an exchange so nicked the USE and turbo off of the diablo....think this is how itll stay tbh. got the rear wheel sorted, when i fitted the pawls i forgot the spacer between the freehub and the body so it locked when the QR was done up. gears work okay, need using and retentioning later and the brakes are not that good. the front is okay now but the frame spacing on the back is really wide so the cantis dont work as effectively................as they could, not should haha. any ideas to were i can find long studded blocks? more than 30mm is needed.

anyways, i love it, its reasonably light and agile and i got to ride it down the road so im happy tonight, heres some pics

Back