Mid '90's Neil Orrell Max OR

H

Retro Guru
Hi folks, no doubt some remember my acquisition of an Orrell MTB in Columbus Max OR.

I'm beginning to put this ride together scouring the usual haunts.
The parts bin is a little barren at the mo, as is my Paypal account. The Chris King headset arrived today from fleabay and looks good. I'll be adding this to some bits I've kept to one side, including a NOS rep sample back Middleburn RS2 chainset in black. my lack of cash means I'll probably run it SS until I can fund the rest of the drive train. I'm therefore looking for a suitable fork in a darkish or contrasting colour. It'll need a longish steerer (around 205mm plus) and be suitable for cantilever brakes. The frame is sus corrected for an 60-80mm frame, so a sus fork to suit or a rigid one with blades of the correct length (around 410mm).

This one promises to be a good one, it rode well even with all the modern stuff that once hung off it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,448
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,447
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,447
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,447
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,447
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,447
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,448
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,448
Signing up for this one :)

Re:

Bit of an update for y'all. I've decided to go down a black build route. Things going well'ish. I've switched my Brodie onto some M900 XTR wheels which I was keeping in the loft for a rainy day. A happy consequence is this freed up the black Bullseye/Mavic 230's/Onza Dave's you see here. I'm also waiting on delivery of a M901 front mech and some Middleburn rings. Other than that, I've got a Salsa for stem duties and continue my search for a M900 rear mech and 26.8mm black seat pin. I'll be having a bit of sale soon with some nice bits I've hoarded, so I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the goodwill messages, it means a lot to my tired legs. Also, thanks to those Retrobikers (you know who you are) who've been kind with their pricing, as this progress is testament to you. Peace and love, H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,212
Re:

Thanks for thinking of me and the ride. Neil is creeping along really so I'm not quite able to call him a rolling chasis. I've bought some Pace forks which have been sent to Tim at Fork English for sorting, the rest I lay before you; Middleburn and Onza rings, X-Lite seat pin bolt and M901 front mech (see below).

I'm keen to find a suitable black mid 90's 26.8mm seat pin and M900 rear mech. If you have them please let me know as the trails await!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,128
Re:

Progress to report and the fact that parts still can be found for sensible money (see below). I built up the front end comprising some polished XT shifters (the top caps were too far gone), NOS ODI grips, SS5 levers and Salsa ahead stem. Just waiting on a bb and some paint and its build time! I can't wait! Peace an love H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg