1993 Steve Potts Cross Country Racer

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Thought I would venture into the US bikes a little more so I recently picked this up from Martin (Second Spin) and got it shipped over from the States.

17" of Steve Potts lovelyness :)

not sure on the overall direction just yet but hopefully a few WTB parts will be used. I have a King/WTB headset, two Rollercams (that I need to clean up), some hubs and a Ti handlebar so its coming along nicely.

The vital part is the fork. Unfortunately it didn't have the Type II fork with the frame but after some discussion with Steve I've ordered a Type II fork and a new decal set :) Hopefully they will be here this side of Christmas :x

The next question is, full repaint when the forks arrive (as the will be unpainted) or get the forks painted to match the frame and stem...?

The pictures below came from Martin but when I get a chance to clean the WTB bits I have I'll take some new photos...

Re:

Yeah, looking on his FB page there is some amazing work still coming out of his workshop...

I can't wait to get the forks and start building it up :D

Rahbari":cfipreky said:
Wow, very special! I would get the fork painted to match if frame and stem are original colour.
I believe they are the original colour but I might need to do the whole package anyway so they colours are a perfect match.

Re:

I would quite like to do a an orange detail on the fork to match the headset or a fade with two colours on the fork.

I quite like this one...but imagine the lower section of the forks in the silver...or just keep it green :?

Attachments

• IMG_3624.JPG
    IMG_3624.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 4,802
Goin´ to be a great built :) As I´m currently lookin´ for those hubs in black - how long did it take for you to find yours? Great bar, too.

Back