The "IRON LADY"......Zinn.

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
A little tonic for the weekend.

The fabled Pink Zinn, first production run, No 22 of the first 25 frames ever made, which of course started in 1989. Pre dates Z-centaur/753 model name decals and top cable rollers, and pre 753ATB of course, using the mtb specific Reynolds 531 Designer Select Tube set., full Campagnolo centaur group (Euclid Pedals), with the mini fillet brazed frame and Unicrown fork even predating the later segmented fork introduced for the 90 model year to my knowledge. . Complete, Unmolested, unabused, and all spec correct including the tyres. with the absolute mere suggestion of patna.

This was the colour of bike that got away when Isla Rowntree allowed me to ride the Iron lady all the way back then. And the one I have spoken so fondly off since joining the site well over five years ago.

Spec.....,
Geometry,
Tubing,
all as listed below...,

I may be wrong, but I have yet to find another British Frame builder that was utilising a Head tube gusset in their fabrications aside from Zinn in 89/90....?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 4,399
  • photo 4 (3).JPG
    photo 4 (3).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 4,394
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    73 KB · Views: 4,393
  • photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 4,393
  • photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 4,393
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,393
  • photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 4,397
  • photo 1 (3).JPG
    photo 1 (3).JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 4,399
Re: The "IRON LADY".

cc

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 4,381
  • photo 4 (3).JPG
    photo 4 (3).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 4,380
  • photo 3 (3).JPG
    photo 3 (3).JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 4,380
Re:

What an amazing score Carl! I remember seeing the trade stand all those years ago too Nd still wait to add a Zinn to my collection. A great piece of UK history right there

Re:

Well done mate, she looks amazing.

It was a long journey but you finally got there :) ;)

Re:

That is so nice, don't know why but Zinns always look so good in the more 'feminine' colours- must be the thin tubes, small fillets and clean line.

I really do need to build a Centuar/Euclid bike, they just ooze class. Just got to find a frame as nice as this.

Cheers for the comments chaps.

What i still cant get over are the small but significant differences the builder made, between 89 and 90.

Excluding the tyre selection, bringing the spec to an all but European build (aside from the choice of grips) i count 8 differences.

Re:

My favourite British made bikes, just something about them, as well as the cool name.

Back